SEARCH this blog

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Mesothelioma

A few weeks back, a woman contacted me wanting to do a collaboration.  I glanced through the email, thought it was for a good cause, and quickly said yes without fully researching and reading about what she had to say.

I had heard the term Mesothelioma, but I didn't really know what it was.  And when I had a spare moment weeks later, I learned what it was AND what an amazing woman this was, that had contacted me.

So first:  What is it?
Mesothelioma (or, more precisely, malignant mesothelioma) is a rare form of cancer that develops from cells of the mesothelium, the protective lining that covers many of the internal organs of the body. Mesothelioma is most commonly caused by exposure to asbestos.

This is Heather.  She is a bad ass.  (Sorry for the swearing, but there is no other word for it.)


This post was originally to bring awareness to mesothelioma, but instead turned into one about a woman who can inspire us all with her attitude, resilience, and ability to be grateful. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Crying, just trying to imagine such courage.