SEARCH this blog

Friday, October 12, 2012

Project 5: Crockpot Cooking

Still working on the project for Tate's school...  No need for me to be cryptic--it is a Dia de Los Muertos photo op board for the kids to look like happy skeleton and Frida Kahlo.  I love that it got me painting, but I have to remember sometimes that it is for elementary school kids to have a giggle with, not something that will be placed in a museum! (This ridiculous need for perfection made me love to fly  on instruments, so I guess it is good for something...)

As for this week, I turn to the crock pot.  Pinterest is a wonderful thing!  I have used the crock pot in the past, with so-so results, but it was great that I didn't have to cook.  Lately, I have things that have been downright yummy!  My favorite inspiration?  The Crockin' Girls.  I love their Texas accents, their great personalities, and their stuff turns out great!  Yes, they do use the occasional cream of whatever soups in their stuff, but it is really good AND you can use a healthy alternative if you really want.  (I found several substitutions online when I went looking once.)

Apple Cake (from last post) We made that twice in a month!
Pot Roast+2 French Onion Soup Mix Packets on a bed of celery.  (YOu can add carrots and potatoes, but I roast separately in oven.)
Little Meats and Gravy (from crockin girls) --everyone loved it!
Cheesy Sausage Casserole--(also from crockin' girls) Hubby loved it, kids didn't, but they don't like creamy anything!  I loved it.
Chicken for Shredding --Whole Chicken, 1 cup BBQ.  You can also use broth and veg instead.
Many Bean Soup--dry beans, italian dressing, chicken broth, diced tomatoes, carrots, celery



No comments: