Sunday, March 30, 2008
We had brunch and have plans to ride the Metro this afternoon. It satisfies Tate's desire to ride a train...and I have mentioned my love for public transportation here. Sometimes it is better than yoga.
Saturday, March 29, 2008
Friday, March 28, 2008
While this is usually a place for lighthearted and creative stuff...I take time out for an anniversary I would rather not celebrate.
A year ago, my sister was murdered. She laid in a hospital bed until Mar 29th when she finally found peace. I miss her every day, but I know she is happy and I am still very much connected to her.
my sister...full of spunk.
Thursday, March 27, 2008
Tuesday, March 25, 2008
After the initial shock of the very unexpected change, I was thrilled!! We are very excited and hoping Tate comes back from our 3 year tour speaking like Harry Potter.
We are scrambling to get everything done before we need to leave (sell house, passports, our kitty up to date with shots, etc etc etc) and can't wait to collapse in bed tonight.
Monday, March 24, 2008
The "Why Wrestle" thing is hard to read, but makes the page. I got it online...
Sunday, March 23, 2008
Tuesday, March 18, 2008
Here are a few things I made:
My "happy house pin" that I renamed my "happy housewife pin". I would have never tackled this project alone but Debbie and Paula, two wonderful ladies I met while at the retreat walked me through...
Tate's favorite creation from the trip. He saw it in my bag, claimed it for himself and hasn't put down his "magic wand" since he discovered it. I had to hide it when we were at school today. If you are in the IL area, our 2 hosts Paula and Carla, will be having another retreat soon. Check out Paula's blog in the future for details.
Monday, March 17, 2008
2. I play the flute. I love to play for fun and with other people. Any genre of music will do...
3. I used to fly airplanes for a living. Being a mom is much harder. And it is much more rewarding, but definitely harder.
4. I have brothers young enough to be my kids, but I am as close to them as I am my other siblings who are 2 and 6 yrs younger.
5. I met Paul at a wedding in Vegas. We had a mutual friend for 10yrs, but didn't meet until her wedding and we dated while I lived in CA and he lived in TX until after we were engaged. We are celebrating our 5th anniversary this year.
6. I love public transportation. It relaxes me for some weird reason.
7. I am Chinese, Mexican and Caucasian.
***If you read this, you are tagged!!!
Thursday, March 13, 2008
Wednesday, March 12, 2008
I have been reading this blog in the past few months, and this family inspires me in my everyday life. We even made our own book making kit like this one:
SO many great ideas!
**I'll post a photo of our kit once Paul gets the camera up and running. :)
Tuesday, March 11, 2008
Thursday, March 06, 2008
We will be in PJs all day.