1. I have a love/hate relationship with my Swiffer. Does it really clean the floor? No, but in a pinch, it sure smells like it does after you use it.
2. Dark Chocolate Mint Ice Cream from Cold stone Creamery--HEAVEN! ...like thin mints in ice cream form.
3. Baby Halloween Party=exhaustion. I'll post pics later.
4. Changing the clocks sucks. Baby schedules are not compatible with this practice...
5. Tate's Quilt--I started making it when he was 6 weeks old. IT IS STILL NOT FINISHED. Hopefully, I can give it to him before summer so he gets some use out of it.
6. Paul is living it up in Orlando and WHAT AM I GOING TO DO TO FILL MY TIME WHILE HE IS GONE??? The best part? He might be deploying in the near future and I get to ask myself that question for months instead of days.
Monday, October 23, 2006
Monday, October 16, 2006
Paul and Tate raked leaves this weekend, just in time before the big rainy day....Have you ever raked wet leaves? Not very fun. I can't believe it is Monday already because the weekend FLEW by. Paul watched lots of football, I got away and was able to go shopping while nursing a cold or allergies...can't tell which.
The exciting highlight of the day is going to Chevy's and having Paul order $30, yes $30, of food because he had a coupon for $10 off $30. I shouldn't complain..I don't have to cook dinner tonight, since we left with a BAG of leftovers. :)
Friday, October 13, 2006
I recently returned from visiting my parents in Michigan, where it was a little chillier than St. Louis. Thank goodness we returned before MI got all the snow! We went to the Cider Mill (which is sadly not as nice as it has been in the past), to Andy's game, and Catie and I redecorated her room and made cupcakes for her birthday.
Of course, whenever I go home, I need about a week to recover. For some reason, we always get sick after travelling. Tate and I have been staying home and I have been trying to get the hosue clean. I always want to do that after returning from a trip.
Here's a description of the pics:
1. My mom at the cider mill with Josie, the family chihuahua in front of the "No Pets" sign. LOL!
2. Tate playing with Josie.
3. Me with my little brother, Mikey.
4. Me with my dad as we started "Operation Cupcake". (That was the 2nd time that weekend we made cupcakes for Catie's Bday.)
5. In the last picture posted, we are at the high school football stadium. That night, Tater Snot surprised me, and for the first time EVER he fell asleep while we were at Andy's game. It was cold and he was snuggled in under the big Michigan blanket nursing, and before I knew it, he was out! It was great--Paul and I could stay for most of the game.
**Today's blog is dedicated to our family lab, Sadie, who was put to sleep this weekend after a struggle with Diabetes. Rest in Peace, Girl.