SEARCH this blog

Wednesday, November 05, 2014

Frozen Fractals

This is someone else's idea, probably off of pinterest, but I don't remember where I got it!  In any case, it was a hit with Soleil.  The official title is Frozen Fractal Soup, and in case you have been living under a rock, is inspired by Frozen the movies reference to "Frozen Fractals" in the song "Let it Go".  

You start by making the Fractals.   I used one drop of food coloring and water, and the idea was to let her fill the ice cube trays before popping them in the freezer.  She was NOT interested in this part, so I quickly filled the trays for her. 
After the Fractals have frozen, I popped them out, and put them in a bowl.  I placed it in her sand table with tongs, ladle, and different colored water in squeeze bottles and little pourable containers.
I later added a little bowl of baking soda, just to have another ingredient to play with.  (It also cleans the sand table before coming inside for the winter.)


This is a super simple activity, but my little one loved it.  We have already done this twice:)

1 comment: