We are going to have the biggest garage sale you have ever seen!
I love many of the memories we have brought back from our time in the UK, but I also bring back a few lessons. One of them being that we can live in a smaller place AND that we don't need so much stuff. Even my packrat husband has been changed from this experience.
Right now, though, we have a ton of boxes all around that require sorting. This means that I do not have the time and/or energy to make elaborate meals. I can't wait to get back into, though!!! For tonight, out menu consists of:
- Campbell's Tomato Soup (requested by Tate)
- Pacific Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Soup (adult version of #1!)
- Grilled Cheese (Kid version and baby swiss/cojack for me)
- Grilled Ham Sandwich (for the major carnivore in the family)
- Spinach Dip and Chips (to use up extra spinach from last night)
- Random Fruits and veggies in frig/freezer as sides
Another quick meal has been to use a bag of FROZEN MEATBALLS. Meatball subs are so easy once you add a baguette, Pizza Squeeze (I know, I'm disgusting), and melted cheese. The little ones just eat the meatballs warmed up with the random fruit/veggie thing.
BREAKFAST FOR DINNER is another easy one with scrambled eggs, frozen waffles, and bacon. Bacon is easy if you prepare it by putting on a lined baking sheet and baking in the oven for 15-20 min.
Any other good suggestions that you use when you want to keep dinner simple and easy?