SEARCH this blog

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

What will you be doing in 5 years?

I just recently was asked that, and wow... for the first time in my life I don't know, or care!  When I was younger, I was the person that planned ahead every moment, every goal, etc.  etc.

The constant moving has helped me this whole plan-every-moment thing.  If I am always looking ahead, I can't be here now.  Or I should say NOW.  I kind of dig enjoying the now. Like right this second, Paul has the kids, and I am watching Unique Sweets on the Cooking Channel, and I couldn't be more content! (Stuffed Beignets? Pineapple Upside Down Pancakes?  some crazy fried cake thing?)

But really, like today when we were doing some shaving cream marble painting, and the kids were making a total mess.  And Tate just wanted to play in the shaving cream.  And I was giving him instruction as to how to do the painting.  His response; "Mom--You're going to tell me HOW to do ART??"  You are right, kid.  That is so wrong of me!  And I let him go....

And this morning, when I thought I would be cleaning the kitchen and both kids came dancing in to "Every Day You're Shuffling", I just had to join in.

2 comments:

Bella Cirovic said...

Kids will definitely keep you in the moment. I'm so glad you had that dance party. xo

Unknown said...

Ha! I love this. So true. I get the same way with the kids. I think it's my desire to keep them from growing up too fast that keeps me so focused on the present. Thanks for sharing this.