SEARCH this blog

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Random Blathering Fall 2013

The beginning of the school year is busy.  I love it, but I almost resent it, as I have a hard time letting my boy being away from me all day.  Also, I feel like the days fly by, and I am making an effort to simplify everything I can.  Oh, and I have to eat breakfast or I am a monster by noon.   (Any of you that know me in person, know this to be very true!)  

One great success I had was making mini quiches, freezing them, and heating them for ONE MINUTE in the microwave.  I can't believe how yummy they are, and they have made life easier.  There are a variety of recipes online but basically this is what I did.

1.  Take Store bought pie crust.  Use a biscuit cutter/circle cookie cutter to cut dough.  Put in mini muffin tin with Pampered Chef minitart maker.  
2.  Mix up eggs, milk, salt, pepper. You can add basil, garlic, whatever. 
3.  Add ham, peppers, shredded cheese, whatever you want.  (Make sure bits are pretty small).
4.  Use a measuring cup with a spout and pour some in each pie crust in the muffin tin.
5.  Bake until done.  
6.  Let cool to room temp.  Put on cookie sheet and freeze.  When solid, through in ziploc.  
7.  To reheat, put on plate, microwave 3 for one minute.  
8.  Eat!


Here is my coffee bar for fall.  Another thing I am going to do for fall is to NOT buy any additional coffee or tea for as long as I can.  I need to use up my stash, and I hope to use it all before we move again. 

I need to clean and organize my craft space...  However, every time I go in there, I end up starting to make something, rather than cleaning.


Have you ever used your vegetable steamer to make boiled eggs?  It works great!! I have been doing this for Tate to have a little protein before going to tennis class. 

And I have also been baking a lot.  I get a daily request from my Little-Ms.-Sunshine!
Lastly, go to crockingirls.com.  They have sooo many great recipes and have made my life easier by using the crockpot.  My recent fave was http://crockingirls.com/recipes/quesadilla-casserole/.  It was amazing. I made quesadillas for the kids, since it was a bit spicy, and I used ground chicken and topped with avocado.

2 comments:

Bella Cirovic said...

OMG the quiches look fab! Must make them. I love your coffee bar. I love Soleil's smile. I love your new place.
I love you! xo

cupcakesandcoffee schwartz said...

Awwww!! Love you, too, B!