SEARCH this blog

Sunday, December 21, 2014

The Quiet of the Season

During this time of year, I fight doing too much, as most do.  But I really burrow in with intention, because when I was a child, I would ALWAYS get sick at Christmas.  It was too much for me.  My eldest child is a lot like I am, and he made one request for Christmas break: "I don't want to go anywhere."

I plan to live in the little family bubble, and emerge when we are all ready.  Last night, it was a Saturday night, and we went to the library, loaded up on books.  We came home (it was about 6:30p), snuggled under blankets and read.  It was silent.

Give yourself permission for the quiet this year, if that is what you seek.  Happy Holidays and thanks for reading!

2 comments:

Gerri said...

Oh, sweet bliss...enjoy this quiet season. xxO

Bella Cirovic said...

100 Yes's to this. xo