SEARCH this blog

Sunday, March 04, 2007

Life is too short for bad food


I love food. I love it so much, that I really should weigh a LOT more than I do. But not just any food. I love lots of flavor, unique and interesting fare, trying new things and the perfect ambiance to enjoy it all.


It's not just the eating...I love to make cookies and cupcakes even more than I like to eat them. I even like food related items in my scrapbooking...My zodiac sign is Cancer and you usually get fed by a Cancer woman, kind of like an Italian grandmother. Or in my case, a Mexican Grandmother...


Because of this love, I have decided no more wasting $$ or stomach space on "crap". I live in the "burbs" of St. Louis and that means that EVERYTHING is a chain restaurant close by. Not that I don't "jones" for a Crunch Wrap from Taco Bell every now and then, but I refuse to go to Chili's/Applebee's/TGIF etc etc etc if I can help it. Life is too short!

To fully enjoy St. Louis, some friends and I are planning to go out about once a month and try out a new restaurant AWAY from the suburbs. We went to Cafe Eau for our first trip and great ambiance, good, but not excellent food. I hate when there is a lot of fried appetizers on the menu! The crabcake with black beans I had was excellent, though.


Also, Paul, Tate and I have started meeting our friend, Stacy, for brunch on Sundays in St. Louis. We have been to The Creperie in Clayton and it is excellent. It is as close to my California cafes that I am used to. Today we went to Chris' Pancakes. It was pretty good, but was just your standard IHOP/Denny's stuff, which can be quite satifying.
Oh, and if anyone has a good recipe, send it my way!

3 comments:

Karen said...

t those TB crunchwraps are disgusting. How you can go from gourmet food to that....Ill never understand.

Mona said...

Mmmmmmm, you made me hungry just reading your blog. You come by the love of food naturally. It's a Chin family tradition.

Jim Hall said...

St. Louis, L.A. New Orleans or wherever. Nothing can compare to a the liver and onions at 'Miller's on Grand' in beautiful downtown Eaton Rapids. It not only melts in your mouth, it melts the knife and fork also.