SEARCH this blog

Saturday, June 28, 2008

In Love with London

Ahhhhh...we are here in London, finally. We have had a different hotel room every night since arrived on Monday, and we are finally in a place we can stay put until we find our new home.

We hit the ground running, seeing 12 places within the first 3 days we were here. We then reevaluated our finances (expensive doesn't even BEGIN to describe) and have expanded our search.

A few observations for now:

1. What looks like a 20 minute drive on a map is really a 20 minute walk.
2. After long walks....Tate has really smelly feet for a 3 yr old!
3. The tea is SO good.
4. The food has been very good. We have had a wonderful selection of chinese, italian, cafe/bistro sandwiches, thai, etc etc.
5. The sun comes at 4AM.
6. Londoners all dress very fashionably. Even the kids!

Paul leaves for Germany on Monday, returning Friday, so Tate and I will explore on our own. I secretly am excited to have my little guy all to myself and get back into our little routine. Sometimes with 2 tired, stressed parents who are desperately in search of a home can be harder than one parent who is just sightseeing until Daddy returns :)

4 comments:

Debbie said...

Hi Cat, glad to here things are better for you. Wanted to say normal, but I know thats not possible yet. I hope you have a good week with Tate this week. Miss you girl..

hugs,

Deb

alittlebitofscrap said...

Oh Fun! I def want to see London one day. Have fun exploring and don't forget to take pictures and include us in on your adventures. I hope you and Tate have a wonderful time exploring!

ursula said...

I can't believe you are in London!! How cool is that!! So glad you guys are taking it all in. Miss u!

Charin Adams said...

I can't wait to see pictures!! :) I want to go to England SO badly!