SEARCH this blog

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Why Dumpster Diving Kicks Butt in London

People have to move suddenly in London.
There is no extra space to store ANYTHING.
For these reasons, people throw away perfectly good stuff every day.

I was inspired watching this show:

This woman outfitted her entire GORGEOUS cottage in Devon with recycled, reused, repainted, and handmade or local stuff.
And then I found this in the trash across the street. Perfect play table for Tate AND it is orange, his favorite color.

2 comments:

Janet F said...

So so true, a lot of good stuff gets thrown away. When we first moved here we picked up a tv off the pavement, and when we were done with it, we put it back on the pavement and someone else picked it up.

Laura tells me I just missed you yesterday, what a shame, would have loved to meet you. My kids enjoyed eating your candy though lol

sunnymama said...

What a great find!