SEARCH this blog

Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Exciting Announcement!

For those of you who know me well, or talk to me often, this isn't a big announcement.  In fact, you have known about it for a long, long time since it something I talk about A LOT.  (Thank you for all of your patient ears!!!)

In the Fall 2015, I will be opening up CRAFT HAVEN WORKSHOPS in the Lansing, MI area.  This will be a cozy, yet elegant space that will be the host of many creative and crafty workshops.  

The story about making this dream come true involves many people along the way, but the most influence and credit comes from my dear friend, Kate Smith who owns the Makery in Bath, UK.  Check her out if you live in the UK, and check out her books and website, even if you don't!  She has been a mentor to me along the way, as well as Elizabeth Duvivier, creator of Squam, who gave me a much needed nudge when fear and doubt were creeping in.  In fact, lots of wonderful folks along the way have inspired me, even without them knowing:)  I am grateful.  

My business plan is done, accounts are opened.  The calendars and classes have been planned for ages.  (They will follow a seasonal theme, as I really love how Michigan really flows with the seasons.)  My logo designer is hired.  (She's also amazing and check her out at http://www.missmackie.com)  My realtor is looking for space, though I have a place in mind if it is still available by late summer.  (I'm giving in to fate on this one, folks!)  And lastly, my Soleil will be starting school, which allows me the time and energy to give all of my future clients the love and attention they will need.  These things take a lot of time and planning, and I am enjoying the journey.

I'm excited, and a little scared... but in that good way, like when you jump off of a cliff into a gorgeous lake on a hot summer day!

UPDATE AUGUST 2016: When your small child looks in your face and asks when you will stop being busy, you reevaluate you life.  Craft Haven Workshops is on hold until my dear girl is older.  

3 comments:

Missy said...

I'm so happy for you !!! How exciting. :-)

Bella Cirovic said...

It's real, baby!
So, so happy for you. xo

Laura Chin said...

Craft Haven is going to be amazing, Cat!