Yesterday, we had an Open House, Chin-style. (For those of you who don't know, Chin is my maiden name.) Lots of snacks, pop in when you can, stay for a few minutes or for hours....
My parents do this every year, and I have to carry on the tradition.And the kids have all been cooped up for days due to the cold weather. They made their own fun. This morning.And later this morning.
No fancy Christmas dinner here. We are having leftovers from yesterday, pizza, whatever we can find in the frig and are relaxing ALL DAY.
Best new Crock Pot Party Recipe:
Chicken Skewers for Kids
1. Take chicken breasts, cut into small strips.
2. Marinate in olive oil, salt and pepper.
3. Make sure to soak bamboo skewers for several hours. Skewer chicken.
4. Broil until done. (this takes minutes)
5. Put chicken broth in crock pot. (Homemade or non bullion is best)
6. Put broiled skewers in crock pot.
Chicken stays moist and warm for entire party!!
To serve on the side to make more exciting to parents:
Spicy Peanut Dip
2/3 C peanut butter
2/3 C salsa (don't use mild)
1/4 C lemon juice
salt to taste
Worcestershire sauce to taste --few splashes
Tabasco/Hot sauce to taste
Mix and heat.