I found this is in a magazine and altered it to make it more kid friendly.
Easy Egg Casserole
adapted from Meredith Deeds--Cookingclub.com
2 1/2 lb Yukon Gold potatoes, unpeeled
1 TBS unsalted butter
1/2 cup chopped onion
12 oz ham, chopped or torn into pieces
8 oz shredded cheddar
2 TBS flour
3 cups milk
salt and pepper
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1. Boil potatoes over med-high, then reduce heat to med and simmer for 15-20 min until potatoes are tender. Drain and cool.
2. Melt butter over medium heat and cook onion until soft. (you can also add red bell pepper.)
3. Heat oven to 350F/180C. Spray 13x9 baking dish with cooking spray. With pairing knife, remove skin from potatoes and slice 1/4 inch thick.
4. Toss cheese in flour.
5. Layer twice in this order: potatoes, cheese, onion (optional), ham.
6. Whisk eggs and add in milk and salt and pepper. Pour over potatoes and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
7. Bake 50-55 minutes until browned and bubbly. Center will set as casserole cools. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.