SEARCH this blog

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Planner Addiction


Goodies from Happy Scrappie!

Michael's Loot

How I plan my days.
I thought this was a passing phase.... the planner/scrapbooking/organizing thing.  I have opened up a whole world that I didn't even know existed!  As I posted here, I jazzed up my 3 year old Russell and Hazel planner.  That wasn't good enough.  I wanted the weekly view on a bigger page, and all of the "Plan With Me" videos use a different format.

What is a "Plan with Me" video??  Search in youtube... you will be addicted within the hour.  Usually, it is a very cute and bubbly and creative girl that sits down with a bunch of stickers and washi tape and colorful pens, and plans and organizes her week.  I love them.  I have discovered there are lots of these "Life Planners" out there that make this even more fun.  Erin Condren is the big one, Kikki K, Happy 365, Filofax, and even Mead has a great family planner.  As a result of this, there are wonderful etsy shops that have been created that feature all sorts of unique stickers/tools to use on your planners.  The stickers are color themed, and it makes me want to have a ton of appointments.

I have ordered from Happie Scrappie, and I have also been led to do a Swap from Oh, Hello Stationary Company.  If you don't know, a swap is where you are paired up with another person who signs up, you send them a package of items specified in the swap.  This one was great, in the sense that they gave you the email, and you could chat with your person first.  The idea is to find out what kinds of things that they like and tailor the package to that.  You send your swap partner (brand new) things from your stash, as well as items you have purchased--ideally items that they cannot find locally.  I can't wait to get my package, yet making the one to send out was really fun as well!!

Also, I now have a pen pal that I plan to send things to in the future.  I often buy paper craft supplies that say, have 6 sheets of the same sticker.  I get sick of that design, and then am stuck with those items that I am "over".  I plan to send her these as time goes on:)

No comments: